After shopping, UnionPay cardholders can enjoy the real-time tax refund service at the UnionPay cooperative refund counters. Cardholders only need to show the refund QRC/barcode and be scanned by the refund counter, and then he/she can get the refund immediately, which addresses the pain point of spending long time to receive tax refund and greatly improves the user's refund experience.
The tax refund code is generated according to the international standard of two-dimensional code. The user shall bind the UnionPay card (including debit card, credit card and restorable prepaid card) that supports real-time tax refund service, and the information contained in the code is the token provided by UnionPay.
1. The tax refund is credited in the currency in which the card is issued immediately;
2. Provide an electronic and convenient way of tax refund
3. Avoid disclosure of cardholder bank card information or account information
4.Better improve the global tourism service and increase user stickiness on the application
It is suitable for the party who wishes to enhance its cross-border travelling services on its own application through providing cardholder overseas shopping real-time tax refund service.
The app gateway supporting the tax refund service only needs to connect with UPI tax refund platform. Cardholders can bind the bank card on the third-party app or the H5 page of UPI tax refund platform, then he/she can enjoy UPI real-time tax refund service.
1. The tax refund QRC/Barcode is not the payment code or the receiving code, which is generated according to the international standard two-dimensional code. The user is not necessary to enter payment password (PIN)
2. The tax refund code ONLY can be generated when defaulting a bank card that supports the real-time refund service, and UPI would provide a specific card BIN for institutions to pre-check.
3. The tax refund code is dynamic and updated every 10 minutes.
4. The information contained in the tax refund code is a token provided by UnionPay.
5. In order to ensure the service quality, UPI strongly recommends the party to collect users’ passport information and display it on the application to be used for identity verification at the tax refund counter.
6. For any sensitive information, such as the card number (PAN), encryption is required before transmission.
7. The access party shall ensure that its application for providing the real-time refund service complies with local regulations.