1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your device (e.g. computer, phone), and used by our website to send information to your browser allowing it to return information to our Developer Platform (e.g. user session ID, choice of language or a date).
There are different types of cookies:
• Session cookies which disappear as soon as the user leaves the website;
• Permanent cookies which remain on the user's device until they expire or until the user deletes the cookies using the browser settings.
In any event, cookies will not remain more than thirteen months on your device.
Cookies used on UPI's Developer Platform are not able to identify you personally.
2. WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON UPI'S WEBSITE?
UPI's Developer Platform uses the following type of cookie.
• Cookies necessary to use UPI's Developer Platform
These cookies are essential as they enable you to fully experience the possibilities offered by our website, such as accessing to your personal account.
By disabling the use of such cookies, you will no longer be able to use the basic features and functionalities resulting in a slower and less efficient user experience.
The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold to third parties.
You can block cookies by activating the settings on your browser that enable you to refuse the settings of all or some cookies. The following settings may be subject to change based on version(s) used.
• In the settings menu, select "advanced settings" at the top of the page;
• Select the "content settings" tab;
• In the settings menu, select "advanced settings" at the bottom of the page;
• Select the "content settings" tab in the privacy and security section;
• In the tools menu, select "Internet options" (MAC users, go to the Firefox menu & select preferences);
• Select the privacy tab in the options box;
• From the dropdown choose, "use custom settings for history". This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tick-box.
• In the tools menu, select "Internet options";
• Click the privacy tab;
• You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
• In the settings menu/Safari menu, select the "preferences" option;
• Open the privacy tab;
• Select the option you want from the "block cookies" section.